Aéroports de la Côte d’Azur, an overview
- 2016: privatisation of the Group
- 2018: Carbon-neutral level 3+ certification awarded by ACI for all of the Group’s airports
- 2020: commitment made to achieve net-zero emissions by 2030
- 2021: 1st French airport group certified as carbon-neutral level 4+ by ACI
- Three airports under management (Nice Côte d’Azur, Cannes Mandelieu and Golfe de Saint Tropez)
- One Fixed-Based Operator (FBO) network, Sky Valet, in France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Bulgaria
- 650 employees...
A testing ground for the airport of the future
"While for some sectors 2020 was a serious crisis, for Nice Côte d’Azur Airport it was the year in which it accelerated and realised its strategy to become a testing ground for the airport of the future: a high-performance airport that is safe from a public health perspective and actively engaged in reducing its environmental impact. Linking these three points is the transformation underway – and to be accelerated – of the entire airport sector to ensure it
supports and amplifies progress made in air transport..."
Nice Côte d'Azur, France’s 2nd busiest airport hub
"With passenger traffic of 12 million in 2022, Nice Côte d’Azur Airport is back up to 84% of the 2019 level: the reference year, with 14.5 million passengers. This gradual yet steady recovery confirms its strategy as well as the attractiveness of its region..."
- Adaptations to terminal 2, a topical project
- Nice Côte d’Azur, at the heart of Europe’s airspace...
The first French Airport Group to achieve zero emissions by 2030
".As the first and only French airport group to achieve Level 4+ of Airport Carbon Accreditation in 2021, Aéroports de la Côte d’Azur’s ongoing decarbonisation strategy is bearing fruit, underscoring its role as trailblazer in terms of energy transition at airports..."
- Creation of carbon sinks
A leading group in business aviation handling in Europe
"As operator of the airports of Nice Côte d’Azur, Cannes Mandelieu and Golfe de Saint Tropez, the Aéroports de la Côte d’Azur Group ranks second in Europe in terms of business aviation traffic. Operating the Sky Valet FBO (Fixed-Based Operator) network in 43 destinations in Portugal, Spain and France, and developing the network under the Sky Valet Connect label, the Group has established a unique network of business aircraft ground handling services throughout Europe..."
- Sky Valet, partner of the Paragon network
- Golfe de Saint Tropez, first zero-emission airport in France
Proactive and responsible management of noise pollution
"How can you make your region more attractive by developing domestic and international air routes without, paradoxically, degrading the area for local residents and visitors? To address this delicate question, the Aéroports de
la Côte d’Azur Group has, for many years, spearheaded an effective strategy..."
- Cannes Mandelieu, an exemplary airport continuing its efforts
Optimal integration of new technology to improve passenger journeys
"...Firstly, as part of an experimentconducted in conjunction with Amadeus and IN Groupe, the airport has deployed a facial recognition solution, currently reserved for Emirates business passengers requesting this option..."
"...To further streamline plane turn-arounds, the airport has introduced a new solution for handling hold baggage, which increases the speed and reliability of transfers from drop-off to aircraft..."
- A coordinated airport airport with less CO2 from aircraft movements
Promoting the region and showcasing its cultural heritage
"...As, under normal conditions, two out of every three passengers come from or are heading abroad, the airport set out to offer not only the most surprising shopping experience in Europe, but more importantly to showcase the treasures and unique character of our region: La Tarte Tropézienne opened its first airport outlet at Nice Côte d'Azur, as did Fragonard, who created an exclusive line for Nice Côte d’Azur: Chez Pippo is a traditional Nice restaurant serving up their famous socca daily... "
- A key asset for attracting international conventions